Big brands area unit embrace different social networks still, with thirty fifth of corporations on Fortune's 2013 list currently on Google+, Sep 11 on Pinterest, Sep 11 on Instagram, and Sep 11 on Foursquare.
Of the businesses with social media accounts, fifty nine link to those platforms from their company homepages, whereas the remainder need extra looking out.
Below, extra key findings from the study.
- thirty fourth of Fortune five hundred corporations ar making and sharing content through company blogs. The 171 companies with blogs return from fifty eight of the seventy five industries diagrammatical within the 2013 Fortune five hundred.
- company diaryging varies considerably by industry: fifty three of Fortune five hundred corporations within the telecommunications sector blog, however no corporations within the tobacco and pharmaceutical industries do.
- seventy nine of the blogs ar unbroken current, take comments, have RSS feeds, and take subscriptions.
- Nine of the highest ten corporations (Wal-Mart, Chevron, Phillips sixty six, county wife, Apple, General Motors, General electrical, Valero Energy, and Ford Motors) have Facebook pages. Exxon doesn't.
- 96% of corporations within the specialty retail trade area unit on Facebook, however solely four hundred and forty yards of corporations within the utilities sector area unit on the platform.
- Facebook, not amazingly, has the foremost Facebook fans. Coca-Cola follows with over sixty six million fans. Disney, Starbucks, Wal-Mart, and Target all have over twenty million fans.
- Eight of the highest ten corporations (Wal-Mart, Exxon, Chevron, Phillips sixty six, Apple, General Motors, General electrical, and Ford Motors) systematically post on their Twitter accounts. county married woman and Valero Energy don't tweet.
- Facebook has the very best variety of followers on Twitter, followed by Google, Starbucks, Whole Foods Market, film maker, JetBlue Airways, and Southwest Airlines.
Other Social Networks
- Berkshire Hathaway is that the solely company graded within the prime ten while not its own YouTube channel.
- 1/2 the highest ten graded firms have Pinterest boards, together with Wal-Mart, Exxon, Apple, General Motors, and Ford.
- thirty fifth of the Fortune five hundred have active Google+ accounts; nineteen have company accounts that haven't nevertheless become active.
- Ford Motors is that the solely prime ten company on Instagram. different adopters embrace AT&T, Avon, and residential Depot.
- Wal-Mart is that the solely prime ten company exploitation Foursquare. different adopters embrace Target, Walgreens, and Lowe's.